Monday, November 21, 2011

Blogs of Note - Baking Obsession

Today, I would like to share a spectacular blog with you called Baking Obsession. I stumbled across Baking Obsession whilst I was searching Google for images of sugar roses. One of the search results was an amazing white chocolate plastique rose. The detail on the petals was amazing. I had to click through to the website from which it came.

I know what you are thinking, this is a buttercream and royal icing blog, what in the world is she doing posting about modelling? I could not help but share. The page I clicked through to was one of the best tutorials for creating modelled roses that I have seen for a long time. It is well written and photographed beautifully. There are plenty of interesting tips in the comments section. If you have the time,
check it out.

There is much more to this blog than cake decorating. To be honest, cake decorating forms a very small percentage of the posts. One may easily loose an hour or so browsing posts from this website. The photography is stunning. It is equally as good as or better than many of the photographs in professional cookbooks. All I will say is that I hope she publishes a cookbook.

If you are a fan of cakes covered in fondant and sugar paste, make sure you browse the all of the posts labelled ‘cake decorating’. There are some absolute stunners, including Thomas the Tank Engine and Pokemon.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...